The Lighthouse Project VARGA (Water Resource Recovery Facility) is a full scale project that will serve as an export window for demonstrating Danish expertise within water and environmental technologies in the wastewater sector.
The future treatment plant
BIOFOS with the support from MUDP and collaboration with ARC, EnviDan, Unisense and DTU Environment, is starting a lighthouse project that will create the future sewage treatment plant. The future wastewater treatment plant except for cleaning the water, will utilize the resources of waste products for the production of environmentally friendly energy from biogas while providing a valuable residual product, which can be used as fertilizer.
- Better distribution of organic matter (carbon harvest) by fine filtration on raw wastewater and concentration of primary sludge. This increases biogas production and reduces energy consumption for water purification
- Reduced greenhouse gas effect from aeration processes with control for minimization of nitrous oxide emissions
- Phosphorus recovery from waste water and / or sludge
- Energy optimization of nitrogen removal in water from dewatering of digested sludge
- More energy-saving or upgraded biogas by the addition of hydrogen
- Increased biogas production from source-sorted organic waste and use of residual product in ecological farming
Jeanette Agertved Madsen
If you have any questions about the VARGA project, you can contact Project Manager Nick Ahrensberg at +45 36 34 38 52 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the contact form here.